Secure Online Application
Miller Transfer, a premier flatbed carrier, is continually searching for excellence and that begins with Owner Operators. Our Owner Operators are more than truck drivers; they are business owners who take pride in their work. Miller is NOT your typical flatbed carrier, we are unique in various internal and external ways.
Below are the many reasons you should select Miller Transfer as your next driving career:
Miller means more...
- On average Miller Transfer Owner Operators consistently earn more money while driving fewer miles. This results in less wear on your truck with fewer expenses. During 2012 our fleet averaged $2.69 in loaded miles and $2.04 per mile for all miles to the truck.
- Miller is a financially stable company. We have remained strong and continued to grow during tough and prosperous economic times.
- Miller’s management promotes a “small company” atmosphere. Thus, our “open door” policy provides for the personal attention and two-way communication needed to respond to your specific suggestions or requirements.
- Every Miller Owner Operator can be selective in their schedule of home time. We are not a “forced board” dispatch carrier.
- Miller offers direct deposit settlements because we understand time is money! You can feel confident that your funds are in your account which offers you peace-of-mind while being on the road.
If you are an Owner Operator with a minimum of 2-3 years of experience searching for a financially stable, premier flatbed carrier, who will advance your skills, you must experience Miller Transfer. Contact us to learn why 30% of our drivers have been with Miller for over 10 years and 21% of our drivers are in the Million Mile Club. Flatbed experience is typically preferred to lease-on with the company. However, if you have a clean MVR and PSP with combination vehicle experience we can offer flatbed training. Our trainer is a certified, experienced driver well-versed in flatbeds and the art of cargo securement. Call Miller Transfer today and jumpstart your driving career!
Independent Contractor Requirements
We require the following:
1. Valid Medical Card (dated within 1 year)
2. TWIC card
3. 2 years of driving and machinery hauling experience.
4. No preventable accident in the past year.
5. No more than 3 moving violations in past 3 years.
6. No DUI/DWI or felony conviction.
7. IRP Plate - owners name on registration.
8. Occupational Accident Insurance for Independent Contractor (available through the company).
9. Physical Damage & Non-Trucking liability - Bobtail Deadhead - $1,000,000 (available through the company)
10. Air ride tractor seven years old or newer.
11. Headache rack
12. Tarps – 2 (24x24) & 1 (30x30)
13. Chains – stamped and in good condition
14. Ratchet Straps – 10 (4”) & 10 (2”)
2. HAZMAT endorsement
3. Over dimensional hauling – amber light, oversize signs and flags.
Benefits of driving for Miller Transfer
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Life Insurance
- Load pay-out based upon percentage of gross line-haul dollars, (74% for a driver owned trailer, 64% for a Miller owned trailer)
- Financial stability
- Small company mentality, open door policy
- No “forced dispatch
- Direct Deposit
- Flatbed training available
- Company trailers available
- Settlements paid weekly
- Your scheduled “home time
- Fuel and road taxes are filed by the company
- Liberal advances on EFS debit card
- Self-directed Retirement Plan
- Extensive Safety Award Program
- Riders program
- Bobtail & physical damage insurance available
- Tolls paid for permitted loads
- Free equipment inspections at main office
- Credential Reimbursement Award
- In house Permit/Escort Department:
All permits and escorts are ordered
and paid for by the company