Accounting Manager - Careers - Details
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The Accounting Manager is responsible for all areas relating to accounting and financial reporting. This position will be responsible for developing and maintaining accounting principles in compliance with GAAP practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements. The Accounting Manager supervises staff accountants and other support staff functions. This position addresses tight deadlines and a multitude of accounting activities including general ledger preparation, financial reporting and year-end audit/review preparation. The Accounting Manager will report to the CFO and have contact with senior-level management which requires strong interpersonal communication skills both written and verbal.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure.
- Ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close as well as analysis of the results.
- Collaborates in weekly finance staff meeting to support overall department/company goals and objectives.
- Monitors and analyzes department work to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
- Responds to inquiries from the CFO and other senior-level management regarding financial results, special reporting requests and projects.
- Provide training to new and existing staff as needed.
- Handle personnel issues relating to staff conflicts, absenteeism, performance issues, etc.
- Support CFO with special projects and workflow process improvements.
- BA/BS in Accounting, CPA preferred
- Technical Skills and Prior Experience
- Two to four years supervisory experience in the financial reporting/general ledger area. Big 4 experience is preferred.
- Must be PC proficient and able to thrive in a fast -pace setting. Experience with Microsoft Dynamics GP or other large automated accounting system a plus. Must have strong experience with Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Strong interpersonal, supervisory and customer service skills required.
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines required.