Business Development Manager - Careers - Details
Business Development Manager
The Outside Sales Representative with Miller Transfer will be responsible for driving growth within our Detroit Market. The Outside Sales Representative plays a pivotal role in making sure our customers are happy and that are growing company continues to expand!
As an Outside Sales Representative, a typical day might include the following:
- Conduct research on your assigned territory; developing a strategic sales plan to win new business and increase revenue
- Being a relationship building guru; find new business and manage the sales process from beginning to end
- Develop and implement programs to address even the most complicated needs of our customers and prospects
- Being and expert facilitator; coordinate the resolution of all customer complaints and issues
- Negotiate rate proposals with current and prospective customers through the use of tailored sales presentations
- Making affective cold calls.
- Take charge and monitor your individual weekly sales report and submit them to the sales manager for review
This position might be for you if:
- You enjoy solving problems. You love taking on difficult challenges and finding creative solutions. You’re calm, cool, and collected; if you don’t know something, you search until you find the answer.
- You are a dedicated sales professional. You are proficient in territory management, building relationships, and closing deals.
- You communicate at a higher level. You are able to articulate ideas at an advanced level.
- You pay close attention to details. Every little detail counts during the sales process.
- You are motivated, driven and willing to take on new challenges.
A strong candidate looks like this:
- Experience working in an outside sales position in the logistics industry; specifically heavy haul, flat bed.
- Proficient in territory management
- Comfortable with cold calling on new business
- Preferably possess a Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution
In return, we offer:
- A competitive base salary which includes an UNCAPPED bonus structure. The sky is the limit on earning potential.
- Full health benefits including medical, dental, vision and life.
- Matching 401k plan
- An environment that fosters professional development, growth, and on-going support.