Fleet Recruiter - Careers - Details
Job Summary: The Fleet Recruiter is responsible for the recruitment and retention of company drivers, owner operators, and experienced fleet owners. This position is based out of our corporate office in Rootstown, Ohio.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Explore creative methods of sourcing qualified contractors.
- Recruit and retain company drivers, owner operators and fleet owners
- Conduct telephone and personal interviews daily with prospective candidates.
- Complete background checks including personal records, MVR, and DAC reports.
- Review and process applications of prospective hires and determine if the applicant is qualified.
- Complete pre-hire files and paperwork on applicants.
- Explain the company’s operating policy and safety standards and work with drivers or applicants who present issues.
- Travel to training schools, job fairs, and work industry trade shows as needed representing Miller Transfer. Maintain standards as outlined by Miller Transfer in regards to hiring drivers
- Bachelor degree
- 2+ years of experience in recruiting within the transportation industry
- Experience and knowledge with Tenstreet and Intelliapp features
- Must handle multiple priorities with strong attention to detail
- Proven track record of success with retention and recruiting strategies and programs