Vice President of Operations - Careers - Details
Vice President of Operations
Full-time - Akron, Ohio
Established in 1968, Miller Transfer is a legal and specialized flatbed carrier whose main focus is transportation of machinery and over-dimensional freight as well as project freight including multi-modal transportation. The company operates 18 terminals throughout the United States and services the US, Canada and Mexico.
The Vice President of Operations position is based at our company headquarters in Rootstown, Ohio. The primary responsibility of the Vice President of Operations is to provide the overall direction and management of the operational activities of our Terminals, Heavy Haul Department and Maintenance Department. This role is an integral member of the senior leadership team. This positon will begin by leading terminal operations and eventually transition into managing our terminal operations, Heavy Haul Department and Maintenance Department.
- Lead the day-to-day business operation of our 18 terminals.
- Plan, develop and implement an overall strategy for success for the terminals.
- Evaluate and identify operational needs and deficiencies. Develop improvement plans for these needs and deficiencies.
- Develop the Operations Team throughout the company while driving accountability and creating operational KPI’s to drive growth.
- Participate in C-Level, executive, team meetings on a weekly basis.
- Ensure compliance with company and federal safety policies
- Coordinate, in collaboration with human resources, staffing needs including but not limited to: hiring, firing, training, transfers, promotions and disciplinary action.
- Conduct frequent on-site visits to terminal locations
- Identify industry trends and adjust operational strategy accordingly
- Lead yearly corporate operations meeting
- Lead weekly operations team meeting
- Develop and maintain on-going customer relationships
- Strategize with other departments in the company to define P&L objectives, pricing, short and long term profit forecasting/budgeting and growth opportunities for each terminal.
- Any additional duties as assigned by the President
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Logistics or related field. MBA preferred.
- 10-15 years of Operations Management experience, preferably with exposure to project, over dimensional and flatbed freight.
- Direct report management experience is required
- Creative and innovative individual with a strong aptitude for communication amongst internal and external customers.
- Experience in TMW preferred
- Must be willing to travel up to 60% of the time
- Experience developing KPI and implementing these metrics to improve employee efficiency
- Bachelor Degree